STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters… S.T..R …
My friend sent this to me and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks.
During a party, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. (they offered to call ambulance)
They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid’s husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm , Ingrid passed away.)
She had suffered a stroke at the party . Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.
Some don’t die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this…
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke…totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Remember the ‘3’ steps, STR . Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions :
S * Ask the individual to SMILE ..
T * = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg ‘It is sunny out today’).
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
NOTE : Another ‘sign’ of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to ‘stick’ out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is ‘crooked’, if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
A prominent cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.
And it could be your own.
Worth passing along.
Say goodbye to store bought dressing. This honey mustard is healthy, super easy and you probably already have the ingredients on hand! #dressing #recipe #honeymustard #salads
So I decided to put one of these together to refer back to and also help minimize some of my tabs. Happy blogging dear tumblrbugs! :)
- Weekly meal planning worksheet
- Weekly Food & Exercise Recorder
- Ultimate Life Planning System Organizers
- 150+ Organizing Tips & Tricks
- 52 Life Tips
- "My Library List" Book Organizer
- By the Hour Time Planner
- Daily Planner With To-Do List
- Daily Planner Printable
- Home Management Binder
- Personal Files Organizing
College & Studying
- When to go to sleep/wake up
- College Packing List
- Dorm Essentials Checklist
- What can I do with this major?
- Time Management Tips
- Studying Tips, More Study Tips
- SelfControl Siteblocker
- Studying Music Collection
- Studying Mix 2
- Study skills, presentation techniques, etc.
- SimplyNoise, SimplyRain, myNoise, rainymood, coffitivity, Naturesoundplayer, NatureSounds
- Tutoring with KhanAcademy
- Time Management: My Daily Schedule, My Weekly Schedule, Balancing Work and College
- For the Party-goers: What to Do If You’ve Been Drugged, Dealing with a Hangover
- Finding, Choosing, and Applying for Internships
- Reviews about Professors- By other students
- Food to Keep in Your Dorm
- Pros and Cons to Joining a Sorority or Fraternity
- Money Saving Tips for Students
- Help with Math: MathWay, WolframAlpha
- Can’t Remember a Word
- The Mountain- 3:09
- The Aurora- 1:55
- The Water- 2:37
- The Arctic Light- 3:21
- The Quiet Place
- The Quiet Place Thoughts Room
- Seed Plant Breeder
- Laugh with the Procatinator
- Pick Up a New Hobby
- Fly a Line (Vertigo Warning)
- Paint a Nebula
- Do Nothing for 2 Minutes
- Stress Analyst
- Paint a Picasso Face
- Weave Silk
- The Nicest Place On The Internet
- Automatic Flatterer
- Calming Manatee
- Cute Overload
Self Help & Helping Others With Various Health Conditions
- List of Hotlines
- International Suicide Hotlines
- International Rape Crisis Hotlines
- Lifeline Crisis Chat
- IMAlive-online crisis chat
- List of Self-Help Channels
- Self-Harm Alternatives
- How to Talk to a Friend Having a Panic Attack
- How to Talk to a Friend Who Self-Harms
- How to Talk to a Friend With an Addiction
- How to Talk to a Friend With an Eating Disorder
- How to Talk to a Suicidal Friend
- How to cope with depression (+)
- Natural depression treatments
- Ways to deal with depression/stress
- Bipolar disorder and self-help
- Living with bipolar disorder
- Tips to beat insomnia (+) (+)
- Understanding insomnia and how to cure it
- First Aid for Seizures
- First Aid for Heart Attacks
- First Aid for Burns
- First Aid for Allergic Reactions
- First Aid for Heat Strokes
- First Aid for Your Animal Companions
- Dealing with gastritis
- Rape escape (+)
- How to break out of a zip-tie
- Read Any Book
- Project Gutenberg - free online books
- Writing prompts and exercises
- The Secret Door
- Sandbox Maker
- Learn a New Language
- Hobbies Masterpost
- Personality Tests
- Simulation of Living on Minimum Wage
- Boredom Masterpost
- Color Matching
- An Everything Post
- 60 Great Vegan Recipes
- Jamba Juice Smoothie Recipes
- Maple Oat Smoothie
- Vegan Blueberry PB Smoothie
- Fiber & Protein Berry Smoothie
- Plantation Tea
- Top 5 Salad Recipes
- List of Healthy Recipes
- Kitchencraft Meta Masterpost
- List of Awesome Healthy Food Blogs
- Workout Playlists
- Online workout videos masterpost (not mine)
- Blogilates Masterpost (not mine)
- Youtube Workouts (not mine)
- Full body cardio core 20 minute workout
- Most effective 20 minute cardio workout-Tabata Style
- High intensity Fat burn cardio training
- Full body circuit Boot Camp workout
- Zuzana Light-ZWOD #1
- Fitness-How To Tror workout
- POP Sculpt: Total Body workout
- Sexy Body Exercise Video
- Model workout episode 1
- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1
- Walking cardio shape up
- The thanksgiving BIG BURN workout
- Cardio Groove n’Burn Workout video by ExerciseTV
- Pilates-Exercicios Alongamento
- Bootcamp Calorie burn by ExerciseTV
- Full body workout by eFit
- Cardio Fat blast workout
- Insanity 20 minute workout-fat burner
- Total body workout 30 minutes
- Fitness-suicie sweat workout
- Victoria’s secret model workout
- Food baby HIIT workout (POP cardio)
- Bare Fitness-Girl fight
- POP pilates: New body makeover
- Bikini Blaster 1 HIIT it hard
- 15 minute total body boot camp
- Fat blasting 10 minute workout
- Pump it up
- Killer abs workout
- Tabata workout abs in 4 minutes
- Sunkissed ABS workout
- Hardcore ab workout with blogilates
- 6 minutes abs of steel ab workout
- Core Rhythms Full workout
- 25 minutes abs and obliques workout
- The Bikini abs workout
- Reduce Tummy
- Yummy abs workout
- Lose bellyfat
- Fitness-10 minute ab workout
- Amazing abs workout
- Best core workout ever
- HIIT workout for abs and obliques
- INSANE abs in 5 minutes
- POP Pilates: Intense ab workout
- Crazy slim abs
- Stomach exercises to lose belly fat
- 5 minute abs workout
- Flat belly workout
- Standing abs workout routine
- Flat stomach exercises
- Abs of envy workout
- Pumped up sexy abs workout
- Bikini booty Thong workout
- MaliBooty workout
- Hot booty firm up
- POP Pilates: Butt blaster
- Butt and Cleavage workout
- How to get a perfect butt workout tutorial
- 10 minute booty shaking waist workout
- Beach bum workout
- Best butt workout ever
- What make you bootyful butt challenge
- POP Pilates: Beyonce bootylicious Bum butt Badonkadonk
- Pilates butt burner
- 3 weeks to an awesome butt
- Butt like a Brazilian
- Quick butt workout
- Butt lifting exercises
- Best exercises for buttocks
- How to get skinny looking legs
- Thinner thighs and legs workout
- How to slim and tone those thighs
- Pumped up kicks workout
- Squat challenge
- Tone it up Thighs workout
- Sexy legs workout
- 10 minute Ballerina beauty, long legs, tight booty
- Love your legs workout
- Leg slimming exercises
- FGF Ultimate Upper body workout
- Awesomesauce arms
- Lean, toned and strong arms workout
- Best arm workout, slim arms
- Upper body pulse workout
- Killer sculpted arms workout
- Upper back, arms and chest workout
- 50 caliber arm workout
- Toned triceps challenge
- 20 minute Yoga class for complete beginners
- Yoga for weight loss-morning and evening routine
- Yoga for strong slim legs
- 20 minute weight loss & fatburning Yoga Workout
- Hatha Yoga flow 55 minute class
- Yoga for bedtime
- Jennifer Aniston’s Yoga ab workout
- Yoga booty goddess booty
- Yoga morning routine
- Hot Yoga challenge
- Yoga Meltdown with Jillian Michaels
- Basic Breathing-Beginner Yoga
THANK YOU BASED HANA
I’m sorry that you had to see this pictures, but have you ever heard about the Surabaya Zoo? It’s the biggest zoo in Indonesia and it is, basically, a place for animals to die in the most horrible ways. They don’t have vets, they hardly ever clean the place, staff sells animal’s food, some of them are in really small cages…
You see the giraffe on the picture? It ate 20kg of plastic bags cause it was starving and all there was to eat was garbage. About 25 animals die per month.
The government doesn’t care about the zoo and ONGs have problems to release the animals cause most of them are not in healthy conditions to just go back to their true homes.
SIGN THE PETITION TO SHUT DOWN SURABAYA ZOO! Help to make a change. Reblog it. Post it on all your social medias. Invite your friends to join. Tell everyone you know about it.
How does this not have more notes? Reblog and sign the petition
COME ON GUYS SIGN THIS ROGHT NOW ALL OF YOU THIS IS SERIOUS
SIGNAL BOOST THIS!!
Sobbing at the cruelty humans are capable of sometimes. Please sign.
Horrible. Please help.
Some things you’re not letting happen right now because the timing isn’t perfect for you. Some you’re not letting happen because you are very aware of where you are. But all things, as they are happening, are happening in perfect order. And if you will relax and begin saying, ‘Everything in its perfect time. Everything is unfolding. And I’m enjoying where I am now, in relationship to where I’m going. Content where I am, and eager for more,” that is the perfect vibrational stance.’
HOW CAN WE BE HAPPY ?
Once a group of 50 people was attending a seminar.
Suddenly the speaker stopped and decided to do a group activity. He started giving each one a balloon. Each one was asked to write his/her name on it using a marker pen. Then all the balloons were collected and put in another room.
Now these delegates were let in that room and asked to find the balloon which had their name written, within 5 minutes. Everyone was frantically searching for their name, colliding with each other, pushing around others and there was utter chaos.
At the end of 5 minutes no one could find their own balloon.
Now each one was asked to randomly collect a balloon and give it to the person whose name was written on it.
Within minutes everyone had their own balloon.
The speaker began— exactly this is happening in our lives. Everyone is frantically looking for happiness all around, not knowing where it is.
Our happiness lies in the happiness of other people. Give them their happiness; you will get your own happiness.
And this is the purpose of human life.
This is so beautiful.
Dear person that I left a message for because I couldn’t read the phone number correctly on the Facebook ad since I didn’t have my cheaters handy,
Please ignore the message I left you for the roof snow removal, unless you do, indeed, remove snow from roofs. In which case, please come to my house to remove said snow from said roof. I will pay you money.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas, NEW FAVORITE SNACK!! Soooooo good. (They taste like spicy, crunchy croutons! Whenever I’ve made them, people say, “What are these!”)Click here for full directions!
Yum. That is all.
Page 1 of 5